Through SNV advisory services and support, the following results were achieved:
- Sixty members from five producers organisations were capacitated in the integral utilisation of cashew
- Three cashew processing units were created with the capacity of transforming 450kg/day and with a daily production of 1,038 bottles of juice
- Ten cashew processing units now have effective business plans
- Thirty-micro credit projects were funded and followed-up, allowing more than 2,500 small scale farmers to increase their income
- Six local cooperatives and producers organisations (COAJOQ, NADEL, UPAI, NADIC NAFAYA, CNC e PROAGRI) improved their management and organisational skills
- The National Commission of Cashew has developed the basis for the creation of the Cashew National Institute and a Guarantee Fund, while also putting in place a market information system to assure fairer prices to small-scale farmers
- The Regional Governments of Cachew and Bafatá increased their trans-border connections with the nearby Senegalese and Conakri regions, increasing the border flow and the business opportunities
- Local governance has improved as a result of the increased participation of civil society organisation and traditional authorities in the decision making processes
Over the period 2009 - 2011, SNV worked in collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism to promote the development of the tourism sector.
Through SNV’s support and advisory services, the following results were achieved:
- Annual holding of the National Tourism Forum as the main tourism event in Guinea-Bissau
- Public and private organisations of tourism sector provides Capacity building training activities
- An official tourism website was developed to promote Guinea-Bissau potentialities as a tourism destination where biodiversity and culture are the main attractions
Over the period 2007 - 2011, SNV supported the Ministry of Education, the General Inspection of Education, INDE and GIPASE, and strengthened the capacities of the Regional Directions of Education as well as civil society organisations.
Through SNV’s support and advisory services, the following results were achieved in the regions of Bafatá, Biombo, Cacheu and Gabu:
- Regional Councils of Education are now annually organized to debate and engage relevant stakeholders in education issues.
- School drop-out was reduced and school enrolment of children into school was increased, following Communication for Development campaigns targeting girls and other marginalized groups.
- The performance of teachers and the management of schools were supported, following the increased ability of regional inspectors to provide training & follow up.
- Around 300 communities benefit from educational, protection and health development interventions, based in plans developed with our partners
- Partnerships and networks were reinforced, increasing synergies and complementarities between public institutions and national and international actors.
- Madrassas schools are now included into the National Schooling System, through the Basic Law of Education, approved by the National Popular Assembly.
- Guinea-Bissau successfully entered the Fast Track Initiative – Education for All - by 2015.