- Agriterra and SNV are jointly working in the dairy sector to strengthen farmer enterprises through this partnership. Dairy experts fromFrieslandCampinasupport Dairy Coops and ‘MKB’ processors. SNV and Agriterra are collaborating to strengthen the professional management and leadership of farmer enterprises, and support the matching ofthe requests for advice in the dairy sector with exper-tise from the Dutch agribusiness.
- PUM, Netherlands Senior Experts, is delivering experts on processing, cheese making and business plans to the dairy business hubs we are supporting such as Baraka Farm and Moi’s Bridge Dairy. With a long-term dairy programme in place, the intention is to involve PUM more structurally and to plan ahead on basis of basis of a needs inventory across the programme and the various partner.
- Together with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, we are implementing the Home-Grown School Feeding Programin Kenya and Ghana. 26,000 small holder farmers (30% women) will get direct benefits from selling products to Home Grown School Feeding Program.
- Agri-profocus Kenya brings together Dutch APF members and their partners (mainly NGOs, farmers’ organisations, financial services providers, and some research - government and business) resulted in a choice by the participants to engage around five subsectors (dairy, livestock, potatoes, horticulture and coffee) and four themes (value addition, access to finance, gender and youth and farmer empowerment). SNV coordinates the network in Kenya, while KIT supports the learning processes.
- DFID and Adam Smith International in partnership with SNV and the Kenya Gatsby Fund is implementing the Kenya Market Assistance Programme (MAP), this program will achieve major systemic changes in 3-5 market systems and will positively affect, in terms of new jobs created and incomes 100,000 people in Kenya. One of the interventions is to improve the Artificial Insemination in the dairy sectors.
- The Fair Trade Labelling Organisation is working with SNV to support small holder horticulture producers to access fair trade markets
- Government of Kenya is working with SNV for the development of horticulture and livestock value chains through the National Agricultural and Livestock Extension Programme and the Micro Enterprise Support Programme Trust
- UNICEF is working with SNV to improve access to water and sanitation in rural areas and schools.
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is working with SNV to improve water and sanitation access for residents of the Lake Naivasha basin.
- Vitens-Evides are working with SNV to support water service providers to increase water and sanitation coverage in Kenya.
You are here